Ranger needs sleep

I bought a 87 Ranger as a favor to my buddy. It starts, runs, and everything just fine. But if you let it idle and isin't warmed up it stalls. Now if you dont let it stall, it will start up again fine.
But if it does stall it doesn't start up again (it turns over) but it repairs itself in like 24 hours. And again if it runs without stalling, it works jes fine... I think it just cranky when you let her stll and needs some time by herself. Anyone got any better ideas
Thanks from Hawaii Noah

Please describe engine and fuel system as that is on the cusp of changing technology
It isnt the model, it's what's under the hood that counts, in this case
you pay..DEAL with it!
my engine is a 6cyl, fuel injected.