Ranger Power Window Problem

I have a 1990 Ford Ranger with Power Windows.

Today when I went to raise the driver's side window it would not go up. I heard a clicking sound as if something was slipping or not engaging.

If I grabbed the window with one hand while holding the window in the up position I could pull the window up.

I tried it again; the window goes down fine but makes a clicking noise when I try to raise it.

One other thing that I mentioned. If I lower the window down about 70 % of the way and then remove my finger from the button the windows slowly slides down another inch or so.

I removed the door panel and am looking around but can't see much I might need a mirror in there to look around.

Any ideas?

I guess the motor is fine, maybe the regulator or the window lift gear?

Thanks

Reply to
Tube Audio

There are 3 nylon "slugs" inside the winbdow motor that deteriorate and shear off with age. They are supposed to shear off if, say, a child was trapped in the window while it was going up. You can replace the motor assembly or replace the "slugs. A repair kit is usually available in the HELP section of most chain parts stores.

Reply to
Tom Adkins