Ranger transmission with Vulcan V6!

Can some one tell me the source of the manual 5 spd. gearbox bolted to the Vulcan V6 in the Ford Ranger?
Thanks! Robert

It's a Mazda transmission, if that's what you are asking. Biggest known problem is the leaking rubber plugs on the top of the tranny. They'll eventually leak so much fluid, that you will damage the tranny. Trust me, I know from experience.
Sharky

Thanks!
Was it the same transmission that was hooked up to the 4 cyl. 2.3l engine?

Yes, behind those too.

My understanding is that the V-6's got a slightly beefier version of the same transmission. So while they're basically the same, they're not exactly the same. There was a good discussion of this recently at www.ford-trucks.com According to that the I-4 has the "M5OD R1," which translates to Mazda 5 speed, Overdrive, Revision 1. The V-6's get the "M5OD R1HD," HD standing for Heavy Duty. The F-150's get the "M5OD R2," or Revision 2. My understanding is that you can swap an HD in on a 4 cyl or even a R2 onto a 4 cyl or V-6 Ranger, but you wouldn't want to take one of the weaker ones and mate it to a stronger engine.
Hope that makes sense,
CJB