Ranger v6 coolant leak

Have a 93 Splash with 3.0 V6. Engine has about 100,000 miles. Water pump replaced about 10,000 miles ago. Nothing else major has been done. Been running really good.
Lately I noticed water dripping from the area where the tranny and engine meet. So I refilled the radiator, started it up, popped the hood. With a flashlight, looking down from under the hood, near the rear of the engine, I can see stream of water squirting out of the rear of the engine. It's a stream of water just like a squirt-gun. It comes out between the engine and the firewall, about 4-5 inches down from where the distributor is, and a little toward the passenger side just below the rear of the rocker cover. Question: is there some kind of coolant heat sensor located in the rear of the 3.0 engine? Sure hope it's an easy fix. Really not in the mood to be changing head gaskets. Anyone else ever see this type of leak on a 3.0 V6?