Re: '03 Focus rear tire wear

I've the same problem with my Taurus. Here is the msg string on the camber TSB,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Moats" Newsgroups: alt.autos.ford Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2003 13:50 Subject: Re: Ford Taurus 1994 Wagon Rear Camber Bold

FORD: 1986-97 TAURUS > LINCOLN-MERCURY: 1986-97 SABLE > > > This TSB article is being republished in its entirety to include 1996 and '97 > model year vehicles and revise the labor operations. > > ISSUE: > Premature wear on the inner edges of the rear tires may be caused by rear camber > and toe settings that are not within specification. > > ACTION: > Reset the rear camber and toe to specification. If the camber cannot be set to > specification, install a new Rear Suspension Adjustable Camber Kit. Refer to the > Instruction Sheet included in the kit for installation details. > > The Rear Suspension Adjustable Camber Kit (-5K751-) contains the following > components: > > Eight (8) Flatwashers > Six (6) Tab Washers (Spacers) > Four (4) Hex Head Bolts > Four (4) Hex Flange Nuts > One (1) Instruction Sheet (I.S. 5732 or 6416) > > PART NUMBER PART NAME > E7DZ-5K751-A Rear Suspension Adjustable Camber Kit (Wagons) > E7DZ-5K751-B Rear Suspension Adjustable Camber Kit (Sedans) > > > OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES: > NONE > > SUPERSEDES: > 95-5-6 > > WARRANTY STATUS: > Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage > > OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME > 962603A Rear Camber And Toe Check, Install Camber Kit, Set Rear Camber And Toe - > Wagons Only 2.8 Hrs. > 962603B Rear Camber And Toe Check, Install Camber Kit, Set Rear Camber And Toe - > Sedans Only 2.9 Hrs. > > DEALER CODING > BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE > 5K751 07 > > OASIS CODES: > 303000, 304000, 306000 > > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------ > > > > My tires on the rear are wearing out on the inside and I have been told that > > I need to have camber bolts installed. > > My car if Im correct does not come with them so you have to get an after > > market kit to replace the bolts that are there now with camber bolts. > > > > Can anyone tell me where these bolts are on the rear? It sounds like a > > relatively straight forward job. Albiet perhaps some brut force or blow > > torch to remove the bolts. I dont know what Im looking for under the car. > > Can somone show me a picture or web site where I can itentify this. Any > > other advice would be helpfull. > > > > By the way I would not recomend the ford taurus wagon to anyone. I have had > > to replace the heads, and transmission to mention big repairs. Not to > > mention why would they not allow you to adjust the camber on tires. > > > > Regards > > > Travis wrote: > > Thanks for the replies, the dealer says the camber was -2.0 degrees and the > > TSB does not call for a new control arm ( which is the only thing that will > > change the camber ) unless it is worse than -2.2 degrees. Nominal is -0.6 > > degrees. So I paid for an alignment and left disappointed. The toe-in was > > also off and that was corrected so maybe the tires will wear better next > > time. > > > > > >>Hello, > >>My rear tires are worn (inside only) to the belts at just under 30,000 mi. > > > > I > > > >>have always thought it looked like there was too much negative camber and > > > > I > > > >>think this proves it. In researching the problem I found that Ford issued > >>TSB 03-13-05 about 6 mos ago which describes the problem exactly and > >>suggests that the upper rear control arm needs to be replaced with a new > >>version and they give a part number for it. The dealer is already > > > > posturing > > > >>to say alignment is not covered, no record of tire rotations, etc. He also > >>said there was no such notice until I gave him the TSB number. Does anyone > >>know anymore about this issue? Was it a bad batch of arms, or is it more > >>prevalent? How is Ford addressing it? > >> > >>Thanks, Travis > >> > >> > >> > So what were the specs AFTER they aligned it? > That will tell how bad it really was. > I hope they gave you the print out. > If not, i would demand they check it and give you one. > > I have got a 93 taurus that has a slightly leaning rear wheel. > I think they sell an after market camber kit for it. > So, i need to look into the same issue. > But mines too old to be on Fords dime. > > Bob > > > >
Reply to
Bill