Re: 1989 Taurus clicking noise

I never said to take both out at the same time. You have to leave one side assembled for reference when bolting thing back together.

C. Vaughan opined in news:Ix_9c.11658$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com: > > > Check the boots on the axles. I guarntee you need new axles. They are > > cheap and easy to replace. They run between $50 and $100 each and it > > should take between 2 and 3 hours a side for someone who has never done > > it before. One side will pop out, the other takes a little more work. > > > > Suggest you get a book. > > NEVER pull both out of the transmission at the same time
Reply to
C. Vaughan

Sorry... wasnt meant as a rebuttal and those were meant to be two separate thoughts AND I didnt read the intiial post close enuff...

The person is taking car to shop.... but a good GENERAL warning.

If you take both out at the same time, the gear falls... book says use a broomstick to keep gear in place when removing both.

But I do one at a time

C. Vaughan opined in news:viMac.4177$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Not a problem. I should be more specific when I reply. I turned wrenchs for a couple of years. I enjoyed it as a hobby, but doing it for a living killed the fun. Now I'd rather build them and repair them for myself and friends whenever they need the help.

You are right on the broomstick. Dumbest thing I ever saw in writing.

news:Ix_9c.11658$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
C. Vaughan

This is on the taurus or is that a general statement? It happens on some cars and others it doesn't. I do know that the tempo had a specific warning for that. The SHO didn't though.

Reply to
Marc