Re: 1989 Taurus clicking noise

I never said to take both out at the same time. You have to leave one side assembled for reference when bolting thing back together.

Sorry... wasnt meant as a rebuttal and those were meant to be two separate thoughts AND I didnt read the intiial post close enuff...
The person is taking car to shop.... but a good GENERAL warning.
If you take both out at the same time, the gear falls... book says use a broomstick to keep gear in place when removing both.
But I do one at a time
C. Vaughan opined in

Not a problem. I should be more specific when I reply. I turned wrenchs for a couple of years. I enjoyed it as a hobby, but doing it for a living killed the fun. Now I'd rather build them and repair them for myself and friends whenever they need the help.
You are right on the broomstick. Dumbest thing I ever saw in writing.
C. Vaughan

are
done

This is on the taurus or is that a general statement? It happens on some cars and others it doesn't. I do know that the tempo had a specific warning for that. The SHO didn't though.