Re: 1990 Taurus auto trans problems

I must have missed that tip along the way. I never heard tht it was good to run a Taurus trans over full. Conventional wisdom on this says that running over filled can cause foaming and DAMAGE. I've actually
had decent luck with those crumy trannys by changing the fluid very regularly using the recommended grade. Now if you have an expert that knows how to make them live longer by over filling them, please notify Ford tech service immediately with this information. Al I would have to agree with you.Conventional wisdom about overfilling. But he took it back to the guy that rebuilt it for fluid change and they always over fill it by 1 or 2 quarts. I forget how much. The oil passages in the planetary gears where drill out to stop oil starvation. Far as I know they didnt replace the tork convertor when they rebuilt it. I hate to junk the car now, gets close to 30mpg. New rubber and other stuff. But that's life I guess. Thanks for you input guys!