Re: 1999 ford taurus.

put a spoiler on it........it'll weight it down and then it won't do that...........ours does same thing........corrected it

dustin wrote:

they all had two spring(dont look like the typical spring, they are long metal bars with the end bendt on it, each one similar... look in the trunk, way back under the area that is below the windshield... the metal spring mechanizm is about 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick... it is placed in the slots on both sides of the car.. this is how pressure is put on the trunk lid... you just move one of the metal bars to another slot....... well that is the way it was in the older fords... dont know about now??? probably a good design. so they wont leave it in cars for too long.. they ruined just about all good design features at the factory....
Our 02 taurus has the adjustable trunk, this is done by levers if I remember correctly from the two bars under the trunk lid. Should be almost self explanatory if you pop it open and have a look.

1999 ford taurus. Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Tue, Jun 24, 2003, 5:34pm (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@attbi.com (dustin) My parents have a ford taurus. It is a 99, and they have a complaint with the trunk on the car. See, most cars when you pop, or open the trunk, it releases but does not fly open. This is not the case with our car however. See, when you push the trunk release, the trunk flys open! At one point in time they were told there was a way to adjust the trunk to prevent this from happening. Does anybody know how one would go about doing this? Thanks, ===========================and this is a problem because.................?
I've got a 99 and mine pops up on release whch is a good thing when you have a cart full of groceries to load in.
Eric
Eric Toline wrote:

As the previous reply says its a feature:-))
LB

y'know?
:O)
Doubt This Helps