Re: 2002 Mustang Rollbar

Thanks for the info/links. Another person saw my post and emailed me today with a few links, so hopefully when I pass the info to my parents, they can get a good idea of what they might pay and how to install it.

Sharky

Sharky opined in news:1uB_a.56933$ snipped-for-privacy@nnrp1.uunet.ca: > > > Hello. My parents recently bought a 2002 Mustang Convertible, 3.8L V6, > > completely loaded including power top and the high end Mach 460 stereo > > system. Beautiful car, low kms (~16,000), they got a great trade-in value > > on their 1995 Lebaron Convertible and an excellent deal on the Mustang > > itself. > > > > The other day, they saw a Mustang Convertible that was a few years older > > than theirs that had the 'n' shaped rollbar installed over the rear seats > > and through the middle section of the roof. When the convertible roof is > > down, it is visible from outside of the car. When the roof is up, it is > > covered over. Thinking the same rollbar would look great on their own car, > > they are now searching for a source to purchase from and then have one > > installed. They called the dealer, but the parts person told them it may > > take some time to look it up and that it probably would not be cheap. I > > also assured them that it would be much cheaper from a different source and > > then have a professional shop install it rather than the dealership. > > > > If anyone has some good sources for newer Mustang parts, preferrably > > Canadian, would they please respond and post either an online link, phone > > number or equivalent. Also, on the sites that I've seen so far, the only > > mention/description as far as mounting the rollbar includes only the > > floorpan and mounting hardware. I would think that it would be tied into > > the frame, either welded, or drilled and then bolted to keep it rigid. To > > be honest, my parents really only want it for looks, but my opinion is that > > if they are about to spend $1000 or more, it sure as hell had better serve > > some purpose in the event that the car did happen to overturn. > > > > Thanks in advance for any help, > > Sharky > > > > > > > >
rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang>
Sharky

You're welcome...

Perhaps the other person doesnt realize that the value of a newsgroup is incidental data and info shared increases the knowledge of all.

Let us know what they pick and how they like it.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic