re: 2002 Taurus water damage to blower

Thanks for your help. I will bring this up with my Ford service dealer.

From: "BARRY PENIGHETTI" Subject: Re: 2002 Taurus water damage to blower? Date: Monday, May 31, 2004 12:09 AM

15873 is NOT a ford TSB number,memo number recall number. A ford tsb number would read something like 92-12-5 the 92 indicates the year of the article, 12 indicates the book number and 5 indicates the article number in the book. I do not have a listing of the latest TSB's with me only part way through 2002. The tsb could be in a later publication, even in a different year such as 2003, or 2004.

I would suggest you check with your local Ford dealership and ask them if they could look up the TSB for you.

I personally do not remember one on that subject but that does not mean my memory is not faulty.

You should also check to make sure that the intake, located under the cabin filter, or as some call it the pollen filter is not cracked. If the part of the plenum fresh air intake that sticks up is cracked it will let water into the system and usually flood the floor as well.

If this does not help let me know and I will get my other CD that covers up to 2004 to see if a later TSB exists.

JL.

Uhmm.. thanks Mike but what do I do with that information. I tried to search > on the web for "Ford Service Bulletin number 15873" with no luck. > > > > > Hello > > > Anyone have any information on a factory memo or recall regarding 2002 > > > Taurus water leakage at wiper bay, shorting out blower for heat/ac? > > > Thanks > > > > Ford Service Bulletin number 15873. > > > > mike > >
Reply to
mossrite