Re: 67 Ranchero

Sounds like a really good object,wish I could see it it live:-) The earlier owner took good care of the car hopefully it will not be to much rust under the carpets either. Is it hard to get parts to the car? like interior and stuff. Looking forward to the updates,I really enjoyed the first pics and videos.As I've mentioned earlier it will be great to follow the project. Take care see ya Regards Nightmare "TheShooter" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Nightmare

Doesn't seem to be too difficult to get parts. Since the Ranchero of that year is basically a Fairlane, they use a lot of the same parts. I've had good luck so far finding what we need to get it running - I hope to have the engine running this weekend. We had a heat wave here that delayed me nearly three weeks past my goal of getting a spark by July 31. Oh well...

I am working on the web site now and will have the mailing list setup in the next 2-3 weeks. As soon as it is setup, I will post the URL to sign up and we will at least update monthly, or any time there is a significant event or milestone achieved.

Thanks for watching! TAZ

Reply to
KaBoom!

Great to hear part are not hard to find,and that you've got what's needed to get it running. Het wave yeah we had it here too exhausting when not used to around 95 F usualla we have around 80-85 F so.. Now it's a lot cooler and I'm on my way to look at a '66 Fairlane,buy it,well it's a bit overpriced and the guy is not knowned to lower prices that much to make a good deal:-) But it's free to look and take a testdrive thoug:-) The car is a restored Fairlane GT/GTA and seems to be accurate,but I'll check the numbers I've got them from a book "Standard Catalog of Ford

1903-1990" and friend who owned one some years ago told me waht to look for so. Great to hear about the site too Take care see ya Regards Nightmare "KaBoom!" skrev i meddelandet news:%OfAg.1936$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net...
Reply to
Nightmare

I've been looking for a 67 Ranchero for about 3 years. There was a great one on Ebay about a year ago-Maroon 289 4 speed from western Canada. I didn't bid because I want an automatic. I've been kicking myself ever since!!!!! It went for under $7000. It's great that yours is an XL. Rich

Reply to
sanpablo

I know the feeling I never forgive myself for not bidding on a 63 Fairlane 4 door some years ago it was not in mint or even good condition but $1200 was a real good price but stupid as I was back then I ignored it Looking back now I had made a bargain if I bought it Well,have to live with it and remember those days when prices still were good:-) Regards Nightmare

"sanpablo" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net...

Reply to
Nightmare

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!

AMAZING folks - we actually got the Ranchero to RUN!!! Well, only for 5 seconds, but I have VIDEO OF IT!!! (links below) Only 2 weeks late on my objective. I blame the heat wave, so technically, factoring in the 2 week delay, we are ON SCHEDULE with the progress!!!

This week we will replace the carburetor, fuel pump and fuel filters along with associated fuel lines. We are NOT going to use the gas tank until we have it inspected, so we will use a 5 gallon gas can to pull fuel from.

We are also going to flush the coolant, do an oil and filter change adding in some slick 50 for good measures and we will see what happens!!!

It was an amazing day!!!

~TAZ

Turning over without plugs installed...

quick turnover - ran!!!

5 seconds running!

TheShooter wrote:

Reply to
theshooter

Great music to my ears Regards Nightmare skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Nightmare

Hi Folks,

I have some FANTASTIC NEWS --- We got the Ranchero to run for 5 full seconds yesterday!!!

I will be posting VIDEO of the run, a shorter test run and the engine turning over without plugs installed.

Look for the updates on the web site -

byAUG-14, in the evening, Pacific time. Thanks to all for the GREAT discussion EXCELLENT help and suggestions and SOUND advice. This project has trule been enhanced by all of your ideas and help!

~ TAZ

Nightmare wrote:

theshooter

Oh, forgot to mention that we now have all the fuel components to swap out, so we will be doing that tonight and tomorrow night and using a 5 gallon fuel cell for a supply untl we see what condition the gas tanks are in - it has 2. One original and one aftermarket tank. The secondary tank is terribly corroded, so we will likely remove it for now. My son wants to put another one back in for LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG road trips.

Videos today!!!

Thanks again to all, ~ TAZ

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

theshooter

Will jump there today:-) to the site I mean Guess he got a really great time now actually being able to see the future trips and the testruns not to far away Really great news Regards Nightmare skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Nightmare

Hi all,

It's me, TAZ, and I have the videos FINALLY up on the server... I had a heckuva time keep the FTP connection up long enough.

Go to;

This weekend is the one - we are replacing the fuel pump, all fuel lines and the carburetor. We are also putting wheels back on the car and taking it off the stands / blocks.

Lastly, the web site will look MUCH micer soon - I am working on a new design. Will let you know when that is done too.

Enjoy!

~TAZ

Nightmare wrote:

1967.Ranchero.Restoration

OK, spellcheck is NEEDED - I meant the site will look much NICER...

Also, still have a bit of trouble getting the videos up on the server. I may have to resort to a freebie place like youtube...

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

1967.ranchero.restoration

OK, even more of an idiot!

CORRECT LINK;

1967.ranchero.restorati> OK, spellcheck is NEEDED - I meant the site will look much NICER... >

1967.ranchero.restoration

Hi all,

It's me, TAZ, and I have the videos FINALLY up on the server... I had a heckuva time keep the FTP connection up long enough.

Go to;

** This weekend is the one ** - we are replacing the fuel pump, all fuel lines and the carburetor. We are also putting wheels back on the car and taking it off the stands / blocks. No, we do not plan to drive it - YET.

Lastly, the web site will look MUCH nicer soon - I am working on a new design. Will let you know when that is done too.

Enjoy! ~TAZ

Nightmare wrote:

1967.ranchero.restoration

Hmm, got a "Couldn't find server" type message. No matter. Glad to hear that the resurrection is moving along. Keep us posted. I cringed when you started it with the old oil....please tell me that you at least primed it first!! (cranked it over until you got oil pressure).

I'm kind of surprised that no one on this group has complained about the ongoing posting of your resto/resurrection efforts. I've enjoyed it as have others judging from the replies to your posts, but this seems like something that would draw fire from folks that have differing views about what's acceptable here and what is not. Oh well, I for one don't object. Keep up the good work and keep posting updates. I would personally like to see this car go from derelict to driver. From your descriptions, it was pretty close as found, so you're nearly half way there. Make sure that you thoroughly inspect the brakes, they are pretty old obviously, especially the hydraulic system. Safety First!

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Hey Taz, I can't find your original posts, my server deleted them. Where are you and the car located?

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Reply to
Nightmare

I know what you mean:-) when I had a site well,somethings are easy to forget the name sometimes or some files or.....well,it can be like that especially when tired. But now I'll picked the videos so I'll see them and I promise I'll really enjoy them as much as the first ones Love to fpllow the restoration,my only wish is that I could see it live:-) Regards Nightmare "1967.ranchero.restoration" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

Nightmare

Hi All,

It's early in the morning here... I have to tell you some GOOD NEWS!!!

Are you sitting down? Hope so...

REALLY - I have some good news...

WE GOT THE RANCHERO RUNNING. Not for 5 seconds either - it ran, and ran again, and again...

It also goes into reverse and forward, though we could not actually drive it - we were using a temporary gas tank until we get the other one dropped, cleaned and remounted. For now, she sits in the driveway waiting for those next steps!!!

AWESOME! It was my goal to have it running before midnight Saturday, August 19. It ran for the first time at 23:57 (11:57PM)!!! I got it done with 3 minutes to spare, so we let it run those 3 minutes! LOTS of smoke since the little animals had made their homes in the exhaust manifolds and on top of the intake as well. All the animals are gone and I power-sprayed most of the crud out, but some remained, so we left it. It will eventually get burned out or cleaned out as we continue this RUNNING restoration project.

My son has decided this car is going to be called "The Miracle Car" when we take it to shows and such. He originally named it LANE, short for Fairlane, but also a cool Chick name. Anyway, it is still "Lane", but it is also now our Miracle Car.

Well, as you can see, it is late, uh, early, here on the West Coast of America, so I must go shower up and get some sleep before church.

Thanks to ALL OF YOU for your support and encouragement... This has been great sharing the info and getting awesome ideas and advice.

*** Oh, AND, I now have a listserver running - I will continue to post updates here, but if you prefer to get the updaates via email as well, then I will gladly post the link to get on the list.

Take Care!!! ~TAZ

PS - I have video - it was dark, but I think I can lighten it up with my editing software. So, be patient and give me a few days to get it prettied up and uploaded.

Nightmare wrote:

1967.ranchero.restoration

This was really music,and I'm sitting down well,I did :-) The engine running for 3 minutes,you mean no sputter,smooth running all the time? I'm so amazed you really got a Miracle Car,24 years and in this good condition. Now I really wish I could see it live. Take care Regards Nightmare

"1967.ranchero.restoration" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...

Nightmare