Re: 87 Taurus heated windshield

There was a detailed procedure from Ford (TSB 94241, NOV 94, Heated Windshield - Conversion to Regular Windshield ) on how to properly replace the Insta-Clear
Windshield with a conventional windshield. If the company that did the replacement failed to follow the procedure, then there may be a problem. I'd go back and ask them to fix the problem if it occurred immediately after they did the windshield replacement. Personally, if insurance was paying for the windshield, I'd have insisted on a new heated windshield. My insurance company tried to give me a line about how they did not have to install a heated windshield in my old Sable. It only took a couple of minutes to set them straight and I got the proper windshield (after proving to them that replacement windshields were available). I loved the heated windshield and would gladly buy the option if it ever became available again.
Regards,
Ed White