Re: '93 Escort "Jerks" at Highway Speeds?

On 11 Jun 2003 20:42:12 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@frontiernet.net (Mark Gifford) wrote: Leading into the 'carb' from the breather assembly... is a box that has two tamper proof torx bolts holding a lid. Inside is the sensing unit for air to fuel ratio mixing.. over time these wires get gummed up and need cleaning/replacement. They will casue the car to intermittently have erratic idle and/or highway operation. Start there...

After the car warms up, I get a pronounced jerking and loss of power, >between 55-60 mph. This occurs intermittently, but lately it's been >getting worse - happens about 75% of the time, now. If I step on the >accelerator, it gets better. Sometimes it also kicks back in by >itself, with no help from the accelerator. This feels like the power >smoothly returns. Runs fine at lower and higher speeds. > >It's a hatchback, auto transmission with 115K miles on it. > >Checked the transmission fluid - it's pink and not burned smelling. > >Had it into a shop and they reset the computer - no help. > >Any suggestions? > >Thanks in advance, > >Mark
Reply to
Lefty