Re: 94 Taurus 3.0 Idle Problem

You will notice a difference but don't be surprised at all if it doesn't fix the problem. As the owner of a '90 and '93 Sable I have put way too much time and money into no net gain. I would suggest ditching the car.
You're about to hit weekly repair mileage. Do you want to be spending all your weekends working on the car?

It's how ya drive them. '88 3.0 went 150k miles 'till the tranny went. Bought used, only repl. water pump and struts when I had it. Junked it as it was a salt victim. '94 3.0 with 151k and going strong. Other than reg. maint. it's had a water pump, radiator and a VSS . This one's the little woman's daily driver. As long as they aren't driven WFO all the time and maintained they will hold up fairly well. I'm no Ford fan either..........
--
John
How does a radiator or VSS fail anyway? The radiator blew up on my '90 Sable because I went fast on the highway and then stopped only a couple miles off the highway. The radiator on the '93 was epoxied before I got it. They both had 3.8L engines, both needed head gaskets. The '93 had them fail twice. The '90 later spun a connecting rod bearing because of it. The '93 had the intake gasket start leaking, though not enough to isolate it as the problem. Then one day, at about 121,000mi., the transmission wouldn't get out of 2nd I guess and the engine hydrolocked with the RPMs up and it blew up. I mean pieces came out of it and there was smoke so thick you couldn't see anything. The transmission went on the '90 around 140,000 mi. Both cars were well maintained and loved by their previous owners, all service records were available. They definitely took care of the cars. I maintained them well also and didn't really punish them.

Aron wrote:

The S10 is sicker than the Taurus currently. Trying to educate myself on rear axles now.
Bob
I wish you luck. There are definitely news groups that will help you on that S10.
Aron