Re: '95 Escort Rear Defroster Switch

My question is: is there anyway to pop that switch out

> without taking the whole dashboard apart? Since it's inside the large > plastic panel that goes over the instruments, the stearing column, etc, do > I > have to rip the whole thing apart just to get at this little little > switch?

On a 79 I had that plastic panel came out by removing 3 or 4 screws in the top of the panel. Tilt the top back and the bottom just slides out. The switch probably just pops out by squeezing the sides from the back and pushing out.

max-income-- Every day is a good day- it's just that some are better than others.

Reply to
max-income

You don't have to take the whole dash apart!

You remove the black piece that the switch is mounted on. You have to drop the steering column first. You need a TORX socket. I recently added a voltmeter gauge to mine just left of this switch, and I took a bunch of in-progress pictures, some of which might help you out.

Childfree Scott