Re: '95 Escort Rear Defroster Switch

On a 79 I had that plastic panel came out by removing 3 or 4 screws in the top of the panel. Tilt the top back and the bottom just slides out. The switch probably just pops out by squeezing the sides from the back and pushing out.
max-income-- Every day is a good day- it's just that some are better than others.
You don't have to take the whole dash apart!
You remove the black piece that the switch is mounted on. You have to drop the steering column first. You need a TORX socket. I recently added a voltmeter gauge to mine just left of this switch, and I took a bunch of in-progress pictures, some of which might help you out.
http://home.mindspring.com/~blumstu/scott/car/escort_001.jpg
http://home.mindspring.com/~blumstu/scott/car/escort_005.jpg
http://home.mindspring.com/~blumstu/scott/car/escort_002.jpg
http://home.mindspring.com/~blumstu/scott/car/escort_007.jpg