Re: 95TC no start has me beat

Personally I would check that piece of crap plastic manifold that connects the MAF to the Throttle body... I worked on one recently where the thing was bouncing around and the gasket was improperly installed... not to mention the clamp at the throttle body was loose as a goose. When the guy got his car back, he was amazed how the engine ran... I didn't mention that I properly installed that pipe.
A gasoline engine requires metered air, fuel in the proper quantity, a properly timed spark, and sufficient compression to run. Find out what is missing before continuing on with the "shotgun" approach, and your wallet will be happier.
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:51:12 -0700, Stumpy wrote:

Actually, the car has neither a plastic intake (it's a 95, the plastic intakes began in 96) nor A timing BELT. The 4.6 has TWO timing chains and an aluminum intake (on this model) neither of which I would care to replace.
Anyway, turns out it has like zero compression. two cylinders have absolutely none, most of the rest have 30-50 psi, and one has (whoopee!) a whopping 90psi.
The dealer mechanic I talked to says "he's dead, jim." I don't know if it's a timing chain problem, a camshft problem or a ring problem (the car has had some serious piston clatter in the past). I really don't care any more - I'm gonna consider it a lesson learned and stick with 5.0s from now on. I bought the car used and don't know the srevice history, but I also have another used tc with a 5.0 and that thing sure as hell didn't blow up at 160,000 miles.
No more wasting money on technology for technology's sake. I was looking seriously at a new Mustang but no way in hell am I gonna spend almost 30k on a vehicle with such a piece of shit engine.