Re: 96 Taurus

Most folks come to these types of NGs to save money.. in many cases, money

> they don't have. This is an important consideration when giving advice. We > need to give as accurate an assessment as we can with the information we > have and we have a real need to replace "shotgun" repairs using expensive > parts with sound diagnostics using relatively inexpensive self-performed > labour. Not to mention that "self-performed" labour is a nifty way to > justify buying new tools.

(snip) Speaking for myself and my friends who work on their own cars, the reason we come here looking for advice and sharing experience is because we don't know or trust anyone in the trade. We all have enough money to get the work done, but we enjoy doing it ourselves and simply don't want to pay some so-called "professional" that we don't trust in the first place.

Jimbo

Reply to
Jimbo