re 96 winstar

My win has a heat control in the rear for the rear and also control from the front. My problem however is in the front of the van. There is no heat coming out in front just cold hair blowing what I do not understand is there is heat in the rear and that is what keeps my self and the kids a little worm right now.a friend said to check the hose from the rad the one on the top is worm but the bottom hose is cold what does that mean? could it be the turmostat????? that is stuck.?.. HELP HELP its cold up here in Canada ..

Reply to
Kobs

Kobs opined in news:8Axtb.58$ snipped-for-privacy@newscontent-01.sprint.ca:

If there is ample heat in the rear... that means there is usually NOT a problem with the engine thermostat.

Check the hoses to the HEATER in front... I will bet both are warm. If so then Your problem is PROBABLY the blend door in the heater assy.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Backyard Mechanic opined in news:Xns943568335D323BkMch6d@206.141.193.32:

Note that even if all heater door actuators seem to work, then the blend door COULD still be broken inside.

And the rad hose temp you quote is normal... that's what a rad does. And your heater, too but there has to be air flow v water flow to make a difference in hose temp.

Now if the front heater hoses have a DIFFERENCE in temp but air from vents is cold then there is a blockage in the heater core.

There is OFTEN a flow restrictor (like your shower head) in the line fron the manifold TO the heater, this could be clogged.

Any clog is the result of poor maintenance practices.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic