Re; 97 ford taurus when foot applied to brake?

I had the same problem a few years back,i was approaching a toll booth starting to slow down when the car took off through the booth,I shut down the car while applying the brakes,lucky no one was in front of me.I later found out---motor mounts were the cause.I must have had 1 mount go some time before & the other 1 went as i was going through the booth.Its my understanding that if 2 go(i had a oldsmobile) it lifts up the engine putting pressure on the gas pedal(like a seesaw--1 side up--1side down).There were 4 of us in the car--it was scary.You have someone check the engine while you sit in the car in park & give it some gas---if its the mounts,you will see the engine jump up.P.S.--most cars have 3 or 4 mounts i think.Good luck R.H.

Reply to
Robert