Re: 97 Sable/taurus rear disc brakes piston push in

Which brake too do you have, is it the square one or is it one of those round one with the brace holder. The square one is quite difficult to use, useless in my opinion.
Go to............ http://www.xkms.org/Autoshop-Tools-2/Rear-Disc-Brake-Caliper-Piston-Tool.htm
.......or .......
http://www.jcwhitney.com/productnoitem.jhtml?CATIDe446&BQ=jcw2
to see a picture of the better tool to use. A company name Lisle makes some really great brakes tools....

Add pictures here
āœ–
I've go tthe right tool. It screws in and has two clips to fit into the piston. My question is: Do I have to take the parking brake off of the brake? Are there any tricks or special procedures? Thanks
Add pictures here
āœ–
Dermott opined in

No... the ones on my 95 were quite stiff but did not grind, drag or catch as they turned. If oyurs does, give up and get rebuilt calipers
Add pictures here
āœ–
Hard to get started turning but they Will go and no you don't remove P brake
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Add pictures here
āœ–