Re: 97 T-bird engine

Tweliver opined in

IF I were you I'd check with the guys on www.tccoa.com and www.sccoa.com about that...

I'd get that new tank for 200 rather than try to half-way it... If it has rust in it... and you try to clean it, you might spend hours getting it clean only to find pin-hole leaks a short time later.
It may burn the valves but probably not any faster then any other engine..

On 11 Jul 2003 05:55:11 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Tweliver) wrote:

I can't help on the nitrous, but see if there's someone in your area that reconditions gas tanks. I had one done for a 78 leSabre at a place here called Gas Tank Renew. They open the tank, clean it, spray it with some sort of sealer & close it back up. I got a garantee against leaks & rust-out for as long as I owned the car. Cost was about $100.00.
I'd swap it out with a 3.8L SC engine. You can get them on eBay.