Re: 97 taurus driving "growl"

Motor mount.

off
Check the wheel bearing again. If you steer gently to the left and/or right does it go away? If it started suddenly and didn't just grow louder over time, there is a slight chance that one of the bearing races cracked - but that's not very common. The motor mount is also a possibility. Have you checked the exhaust system and hangars?

off
Thanks for the replies...
It doesn't go away with steering left or right, it is totally speed dependant though, and is still there if I shut off the motor in neutral, so I don't think it could be a motor mount or exhaust...... plus there is a very high frequency steering vibration (also gets faster with speed).
I'm stumped..

the
with
quite
CV joint?

start
Don't forget the tires.....They can make terrible noises, especially if it needs rotation or is separating. (which would explain the vibration)

off