Re: Advice on a 1978 Ford in-line 6 4-speed van

I am searching for engine spec of Ford Escort 1300 GT. Can anybody supply me with the data? Thank you in advance.
d wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@uclink4.berkeley.edu (d) wrote in message

They ain't that rare...
Does anyone know

Depends on weight, tune, and your foot...

I've never had any trouble driving one...

The six will tow, but I wouldn't count on hauling a huge rv without a few power issues. The sixes have torque o-plenty though. It'll tow smaller to medium loads no problem.

Depends on the condition of the front end and steering parts. I'd want to check the whole front end, including kingpins or ball joints. Check all bushings, etc.

You'll find out as they occur... Overall, a ford van with a six is pretty reliable if it's right. I have a 300 and a four speed in my old 68 F-250. I'm not going to win races, but the sixes will run nearly forever if you keep them up. I have enough torque to rip trees from the ground. And that "max" torque is fairly constant from about 1400 rpm to about 2400 rpm. MK