RE: Air conditioner cuts off after warming up

My 2 Cents,....... The onboard computer has a trick up its sleve, if the coolent is getting too warm, the compresser will cut off. Where is the needle on the tempeture gauge going, once any taurus warms up, the
needle never goes beyond about 1/4 of thw whole range. I was having the same trouble. it was cause engine coolent was getting too hot, a thermal sensor kicked in & told the computer of such, and turned off the AC compressor to keep thengine from getting any hotter. Replacing a $5.00 Thermostat fixed the problem, and keeps the enigine nice & cool no matter what the temp is outside. Just go ahead and replace the thermostat, if that dont work, look into wherever the sensor is for enigine overtemp.

Dont discount the possibility of slipping clutch. Seeing that right now on my brother's work van.
He's upset .. thinks there's something CAUSING clutch failure.. as the original problem, a bad hi-side switch (it's a Dodge, and same probably doesnt apply in your case) masked this problem by staying open once engaged.
I told him it might be that the switch while it was going bad might have contributed by excessive cycling under pressure... but he doesnt get the connection no matter how I explain it.
you pay..DEAL with it!