Re: Airconditioning Problem

I'm trying to locate the orafice tube on my F-150 can anyone help me locate it??

Reply to
Dlhhedge814

It is most likely low on freon.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

It is in the line going into the evaporator. If you are lucky you can pull it out at the hose connection.

Are you sure you have the proper charge of 134? Are you sure there isn't moisture in the system?

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

Most likly the orifice tupe is sealed in the liquid line. This is the HOT liqiud that comes OUT of the compressor..to the bottom of the evaporator.

A couple things could be happening. First chect to see if your not crimping or have a collapse on the liquid line or the larger thickness gas line. i had a liquid line with a cripmp right where it made a turn toward the evap.

Second thing...r-12 to r134 conversions usually will only last 2 years tops. Why?? incompatible oil. Regular mineral oil used in r-12 system is NOT compatable with PAG oil used in most R-134 retro kits.

However...if whoever did your conversion should have used ESTER OIL. If they did then that IS compatable with the old mineral oil.

What happens is the PAG oil reacts with the mineral oil and starts to break down the teflon coatings in the compressor, this crap is known as "The Black Death" Its known to burn out compressors.

If your compressor is still turning, then have it checked with gauges at a compentent garage. have them make sure your pressure's arent to low or too high.

ALSO if you need to locate AC parts..a great recource is AUTOZONE.com You will have to register and Log in...but once you do the have good online manual for your car.

But DO NOT deal with gassing these things yourself. Preasures must be just right, once they are, and everything else is working it should feel like a freezer coming out those vents.

Reply to
TechMaster