American Experience: Tesla

No matter what you might think of his theories, he lead an interesting life.

American Experience Episode: Tesla PREMIERE NEW S28, E01

Engineer and inventor Nikola Tesla's technology revolutionizes the electrical age of the 20th century.

HD CC TV-G

9:00 - 10:00 PM PBS
Reply to
RichA

I was going to post about it, and I just might have forgotten if you'd not posted.

The reality is he gets high travel for the less sound stuff, while of course he was very important in the growth of the electrical industry.

I did read a biography of him, though I don't remember much.

There was also Charles Proteus Steinmetz, I read about about him in elementary school "The Man Who Tamed Lightning", from Scholastic Books. But I think he got a PBS documentary at some point, I think in recent months I saw a listing for it (though it was probably a rerun then).

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

The gadflies push the stuffed shirts to achieve.

Reply to
RichA

Nope, people with money push...

I'm waiting for the first lawsuit where Tesla gets hammered because of one of their idiot drivers running on autopilot and killing people.

It's going to happen.

Reply to
Mike Grossman

except that is a TOTALLY different Tesla. Nicola is dead a long time ago. The current Tesla has NOTHING to do with Nicola - or any other "Tesla" living or dead.

Reply to
clare

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:34:07 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in

Here's a good free Kindle book about Nicola Tesla

CRNG