Re: Automakers Lengthen Oil Change Intervals

Sure do - that's why they've been removed from current automotive spec oil. At least that's the official line.

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 15:33:30 -0400, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

Got proof?

Empirical proof? No.And I'm not going to go looking for citations just to satisfy you,but the automotive industry has been saying so for several years. As a mechanic I know how touchy a 3 way catalyst can be, and how expensive. I'm not going to use an older spec (high zinc/phospourous) oil in the Mystique and risk $2000 worth of catalytic converters.

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 00:12:00 -0400, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

So you don't have any proof, how conveiniant