Re: "Big Three" in trouble

On 20 Jun 2003 08:19:14 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@mailandnews.com (Neo) wrote: >

> [...]

Yep, good pistons have been oval for a long time. If machined correctly, they are only oval when cold ... they should be circular at typical operating temperature.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

Excellent essay.

countries...

example,

arrested

certain

believed

hourly

intuitive

announced a

setup

unions

Reply to
Art Begun

Even Lee Iaccoca admitted his management fell asleep after the minivan introduction. Don't blame the assembly workers for poor management. And explain to me why quality has improved for the big 3. The same people are putting the cars together. In that small respect management has improved and pays some attention to quality.

Reply to
Art Begun

Maybe that explains why my 300M is solid and my Avalon is a rattle box.

assembly lines

Reply to
Art Begun

Add to this; Jaguar = Ford Land Rover = Ford Aston-Martin = Ford

Reply to
Alan McLeod