Re: Brand NEW 1978 Corvette found

LOL !
Until I read all the messages posted on this, I thought it might have been an update on the old story from "way back when..."
A guy bought a new Corvette, drove it out to a deserted country lane, and
committed suicide. No one found the body for a month.
The car was cleaned and up for sale CHEAP! Like about $250. Brand new! Less than 100 miles one it!
But you couldn't get the smell out of the car.
An "urban legend" long before urban legends became popular.
Have a good day!
~ ~ ~ Gerri ~ ~ ~
Look for my request for help on an 87 Tbird power window. I need help! :-(
On 05 Aug 2004 23:09:00 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GerDani8) wrote:

I heard this one when I was a teenager back in the '50s. Great story, though.
--
BT

My first reaction as well, except this was a true story. The car sold at auction for twenty some thousand.
mike hunt