Re: Buried 57 plymouth in 50 year Time Capsule Unearthed!

I believe the US Military uses Edwards AFB in AZ to store this kind of thing without all the fancy sealed boxes and humidity control. If the car had been put down there and tarped, it would have probably lasted perfectly well.
Ted
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 01:01:10 -0700, "Ted Mittelstaedt"

You're thinking of Davis-Monthan AFB, the location of AMARC. Edwards is in California.
http://www.dm.af.mil/units/amarc.asp
Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

No doubt it would have, but that location would have sort of defeated the purpose of the Tulsaram wouldn't it? <G>
Jeff DeWitt

Sadly
car
years.
plastic
I am pretty sure they had Saran Wrap in 1957...duuuhhh.