Re: Can Anything stop a Chevy

now
Poor guy - wait until he finds out that the '69 / '70 Boss 302 was designed by a Japanese guy.

and
designed
My mom owned an 89 Sentra since new and recently gave it to her mother' who's 89 sentra was falling apart due to lack of maintinence. My mothers had 127K on it and the engine is perfect and the car has never had a problem other than rust (RI winters). I have an '89 240sx with 126K on it and it still runs fine. eats some oil, but less than a quart per oil change. No rust yet. at all on it. I bought a 2001 Ranger XLT this year fully loaded with the off road package and such. 31,600 miles so far and still runs fine, never had a prob yet. I think both companies make fine vehicles (exception being most ford cars)
But I think people waste so much time being fanboys that they don't realize one thing.....Most companies build quality is damn good now and reliability isn't as much of an issue as it was in the past. If peoplt took care of their vehicles, they would last much longer, regardless of the brand.
-BD

What's this?! Someone who actually believes people have an obligation to take care of their possessions instead of blaming (suing) a manufacturer?! Wow, and I thought common sense was *completely* dead.
You are a scholar and a gentleman. I you lived in Laramie, I would offer you a beer. On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:41:25 -0700, BD wrote:
--SNIP--

Thank you Marky. If I ever find myself driving through Laramie, I may take you up on your offer.
-BD

Yes but don't drink and drive. Sleep in Laramie over night in some motel if you have to otherise just put the beer in the ice box and keep on going until you reach your final destination.

offer
take
Obviously I would stop. LOL!

Totally agreed... but when was the last time you persuaded someone to take care of their car? I can't even get my wife to check the tires or fluids on hers, she just wants to get in, turn the key and go - for ever :).