Re: Check engine light on a 96 Contour

wait longer. may take up to 35 key starts (with driving) to reset light - computer needs to see no problem for a while.

nest time make sure cap is tight! Do not remove cap with key >I have a 2.0 liter 4 cyl 96 Contour with 57,700 miles on it. The check

engine light recently came on. Both the manual and my trusty internet >research have led me to believe it was a loose gas cap. When I checked, it >was a little loose, definitely not closed so that it "clicks". > >I've tightened it, but the light is still on, and 3 days and 5 car starts >have passed. Is it supposed to go out? Should I have it checked anyway? > >Thanks >Stephen > >

Crispy

Life is hard. Life is harder when you're stupid.

Reply to
Chris P