Re: Chinese carmaker blatantly copies Ford F-150...soon to be available at your local Harbr Freight store.

On 2/10/2012 1:45 AM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Wait for the 20% of coupon before you buy it.
seriously, a two ton truck powered by 108hp. get on the free way at rush hour with that a few times and the car payment will hop scared right out of your billfold.
On 2/10/2012 11:27 PM, bob urz wrote:

I didn't bother searching the story elsewhere, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had all the factory tooling built by the cheapest bidders.... and where might they have been? ;)

Well, it is a diesel, so it would have somewhat-more torque than a gas engine.
Also, in backwater nations smaller engines are often *preferred*, believe it or not.... I had a 1982 full-size Chevy pickup for a few months that had a inline-6 with a 4-speed manual trans, and was told that it was a quite desirable vehicle south of the (US) border. The small engine saves gas, has a carb so you can fix everything yourself (no engine computer), the engine didn't have enough torque to stress the rest of the drivetrain and if the transmission ever did have problems,,, it was a manual, so it was pretty easy to fix too.
It was slow on the uptake, yes.... On a cross-country trip I floored it and I think it got up to a bit over 70 MPH. But it got me where I was going.