Re: CHOKE on this!

Was that test completed with more than one cigarette?
mike hunt
Philip wrote:

I smoked from 1967 to 1998.... and up to 5 packs per day. (That was Vietnam, when after several days of not smoking out in the bush, we returned to release the tension.) Naturally, I smoked more when drinking alcohol or coffee (with my cop donuts). I tried to stop many times. Nothing worked for long. Six months was my max. Then, in 1998, I was able to quit within a couple of days, and easily, with zip pressure. I had heart surgery. Actually smoked my last one on the way to meet my surgeon at the hospital entry. According to the head nurse, between the combination of drugs used in anesthesia, and the "pure" oxygen pumped through a tube down your throat during both surgery and in recovery, it tremendously cleans out the addictive elements in your system.
My father was a heavy smoker. He decided one midnight shift to quit. He threw away what was left and never smoked again. Now THAT is willpower. Thing is, you will only quit when YOU are ready to quit. It makes no difference what anyone says to you about how bad it is for you.
Good Luck.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT! 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
And all the cigarette smokes in the world don't even come close to one decent volcanic eruption.
I love studies. They, like statistics, can "prove" anything.
Like I don't believe all the propaganda the National Rifle Assc puts out, BUT.... the anti-gun lobby propaganda gets proven wrong by law enforcement agencies and they still make their claims that gun control works.
However, I DO believe that Twinkies will bring about the extinction of the human race to make way for the aliens who invented Twinkies to arrive and colonize the earth. : )
On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:46:39 GMT, "Philip"

Hey! Spikey Likes IT! 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
I too tryed "the patch" . Didnt work for me either, I couldn't keep the damn thing lit! =========== say, that reminds me of that joke - i tried to patch to quit smokin' - now, i'm up to two patches a day....... ~ curtis
knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional "Many more men die with prostate cancer than of it. Growing old is invariably fatal. Prostate cancer is only sometimes so." http://community.webtv.net/PALMER_ENT/doc