Re: Consumer Reports reliability survey for Cars

and that is because people are stupid sheep that listen to idiots that write rags like consumers report that say those jap crap cars are the best thing since buttered bread. so they go out and buy the jap shitboxes, and proudly tell everyone and their brother how they got such a good deal. well, let me tell you about the good deal i got. i have a ford crown vic. i paid $9,000 less than you paid for your jap scrap shitbox. i get 26 mpg on the highway at 75 mph, which is about the same as your jap crap sardine can. i can comfortably sit 4 250lb+ people in my crown vic, and the bumpers will not drag on the ground like your jap scrap shitbox will, and still get 26 mpg.

and Chevy will cease to exist. Our politicians sold us out for NAFTA and > guaranteed that only Japmobiles and other foreign junk misers would take > over the auto market. It's a harsh new world out there, so man up, grow > some balls and face it. > >
Reply to
Tom

I agree. I had two Hondas (05 civic hybrid and an 05 element). The civic' mileage was worse than my friend's regular civic, and the fact remains that in over 40 years of driving, both professionally and personally, the only time I ever got stuck in the snow was with the element's all wheel drive. So much for intelligent design.

Reply to
Ted

Probably because the imports are still more appealing than the american offerings. There's more to a car than interior room and gas mileage - things like interior trim, fit and finish, handling, reliability, durability.

Go drive, say, a Chevy Malibu and a VW Golf back to back. there's a big, noticeable difference. The Golf feels like a luxury car scaled down. the 'bu, while actually a respectable effort (I just drove a last year's model to work this AM as my normal company car - '05 Impala, an unmitigated POS) is still nowhere near the same class as the Golf. Still feels like a rental car, even though it actually rides pretty well and has decent power.

If GM and Ford are serious about regaining lost market share they're going to have to step up their game a little bit. Now from what I understand the latest 'bu is supposed to be quite nice, but I haven't had a chance to drive one yet.

nate

Reply to
N8N