Re: coolant loss - 99 Taurus

Dave, am curious if u ever found leak. I have almost same problem with my Taurus. But mine leaks year round. No drippings on floor. Engine runs fine. No residue in dip stick. All hoses look tight and good.
I smell coolant only when stopped (engine running) after driving a few minutes. Replaced radiator already. Dealer and another garage cannot find leak. System pressure test holds.
Did get it too stop one time after I put Bars Stop Leak but I flushed it out later cuz I dont like the idea of having that in my coolant. This is b4 I replaced Rad.
Help!
tobybul wrote:

Put some fluorescent dye in the system and run it a a month or so. Then check it out in the dark with a UV light. Could be the heater core, maybe the overflow tank or the hose going to it. Or maybe a micro leak from a freeze plug. And if your really unlucky, its a freeze plug between the trannie and the motor.
Bob
-

lmfao engine time its eating it
hurc ast