Re: Dealing with Flood Cars

Not noted but worth remembering is that all the same rules apply otherwise:

I once bought a vw beetle engine out of a "tornado" car. The car itself was apparently well kept before it was bashed by debris.

But on cracking the thing open to clean out the dust permeation which was in every little cranny, I found that the owner had evidently been unable to find the oil drain plug... the worst cast of built sludge I've ever seen - to the point where the oil sludge was caked dry in the sump.

So dont assume the thing was in great shape before the flood.

Also, I agree... though the article was written with the 'collecor' in mind... the best bargains are likiely to be lower end vehicles

Big Earl wrote in news:Xns96E4B84CA2D9BigEarl@38.119.71.210:

> Long story short, unless you are buying a car that has a book value in > the mid five figures or better, it is best to leave it alone. >
Reply to
Backyard Mechanic