Re: Dealing with Flood Cars

Not noted but worth remembering is that all the same rules apply otherwise:
I once bought a vw beetle engine out of a "tornado" car. The car itself
was apparently well kept before it was bashed by debris.
But on cracking the thing open to clean out the dust permeation which was in every little cranny, I found that the owner had evidently been unable to find the oil drain plug... the worst cast of built sludge I've ever seen - to the point where the oil sludge was caked dry in the sump.
So dont assume the thing was in great shape before the flood.
Also, I agree... though the article was written with the 'collecor' in mind... the best bargains are likiely to be lower end vehicles