Re: electronic throttle

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.>

>> dizzy wrote: >> >>>>When you have really sloppy conditions >>> >>>Interesting theory, with zero proof. >>> >>>I'd like to see the theory put to the test. Slipping tires does not >>>equal shortest stop. >> >>I don't understand what you are saying and agreeing or dissagreeing >>with. > >Assertions have been made that ABS "doesn't work so well" in >"slippery" or "really sloppy" conditions", which I believe are absurd. >It's provably better than the alternative in some ways (stability and >control), while being (I believe) no worse in ultimate stopping >ability. > >There's a lot of handwaving in here, but no reference to any >independant tests which show that ABS "doesn't work so well" at what >it's design to do.

I drive in the slop every winter, and I'll take my non-ABS equipped

2002 PT Cruiser over my wife's ABS equipped Mystique any day when it's got the wet slop on the road. Can't believe I put up with the '95 Trans-Sport for as long as I did either. The ABS on that pig nearly killed me a couple times.
Reply to
clare