Re: Escape Hybrid audio system

There are three sound systems for the Escape Hybrid. The standard AM/FM-6CD in dash, the MACH 300 Satellite Ready Sound System with 6CD in dash, and the Visteon "Vehicle Navigation Radio" with the Boston Acoustics Audiophile System and Hybrid display.

The Nav system has a changer under the passenger seat. The others are in-dash.

The Mach 300 in-dash system doesn't seem to skip at all for me. "Cold" is around 30-40 degrees. I have an annoying number of potholes in the road near my house, and the Panasonic aftermarket CD/MP3 player in my Dodge would skip miserably on that section of road.

The mach 300 has "satellite ready" built in. There is a small behind-the-dash box that plugs into the radio head, and all of the control is on the radio. I'm not sure about the other models. I've read that some dealers want to install an FM-transmitter and an XM radio, instead of the Sirius add-on. I wouldn't get an FM transmitter in any event. I use a PIE CD-changer simulator in my Honda. www.logjamelectronics.com I don't see one for the Escape, but I didn't try very hard. The Nav unit might not accept one.
--
---