Re: Escape Hybrid audio system

I have a couple of questions about the sound system in the new hybrid > Escape:

There are three sound systems for the Escape Hybrid. The standard AM/FM-6CD in dash, the MACH 300 Satellite Ready Sound System with 6CD in dash, and the Visteon "Vehicle Navigation Radio" with the Boston Acoustics Audiophile System and Hybrid display.

1. Where is the CD loader for the Audiophile option located?

The Nav system has a changer under the passenger seat. The others are in-dash.

2. Are there any issues with the cd player skipping in cold weather? I > currently drive a 2002 Pathfinder (lease ending soon), in which the > 6-cd front loader will ALWAYS skip in cold weather.

The Mach 300 in-dash system doesn't seem to skip at all for me. "Cold" is around 30-40 degrees. I have an annoying number of potholes in the road near my house, and the Panasonic aftermarket CD/MP3 player in my Dodge would skip miserably on that section of road.

3. I had asked the dealer about the possibility of installing satellite > radio into the hybrid, and they mentioned something about having to > install some kind of switch to make it sat-ready. Then I would be able > to install the sat radio after market. Any thoughts on this?

The mach 300 has "satellite ready" built in. There is a small behind-the-dash box that plugs into the radio head, and all of the control is on the radio. I'm not sure about the other models. I've read that some dealers want to install an FM-transmitter and an XM radio, instead of the Sirius add-on. I wouldn't get an FM transmitter in any event. I use a PIE CD-changer simulator in my Honda.

I don't see one for the Escape, but I didn't try very hard. The Nav unit might not accept one.

Reply to
dold