Re: Escort ZX-2

I also own a '98 escort zx2. Damn fine car if you ask me.. haven't had a problem with it whatsoever. Mine also seems to be a bit noisy on the highways, I thought it was road noise from my worn back tires, got those
replaced but it only helped a bit. It's still pretty loud when you are going above 100 km/h, but I don't find it that bad.

Yes they are loud cars, annoyingly so. I carpeted over the carpet in rear trunk, very little difference. There is no insulation beneath the very thin carpet inside vehicle and no insulation between the interior and firewall.