Re: "Et tu HONDA?" Yeah, 400,000 [more] Of 'Em Under Recall!

In message , Mike writes

Can't prove that by me, my oldest Ford product, with an automatic is nearly >40 years old and the original tranny and it is fine, as is it electrical >systems. Same is true of the electrical systems on my 35 and 50 year old >Ford vehicles, that have a standard shift tranny. >The fact is all manufactured produce have a failure rate up to 2%, that is >why they all have a warranty even Rolls Royce ;)

Wrong. The warranty is there to get you to trust in the product and buy it. If it were for repairs then firms would be out of pocket just like Mazda with the rotary engine.

Reply to
Clive

That may be your opinion but I currently own four vehicles and have purchased over seventy vehicles in my time. Of all of those vehicles only two, a Chevrolet way back in 1951 and a very expensive 1999 Lexus, required a warranty repair.

The fact is, even extended warranties are a money maker for the vehicle manufactures. Less than 2% of all the extended warranties sold in the US, ever pay out more than the cost of the warranty and the deductibles.

If I could receive a discounted price for forgoing a warranty, I would do so.

Reply to
Mike