Re: F-150 driver door top hinge popped

Wow. I took my son's truck by Helfman Ford in Houston today to get the stretched driver side door hinges on his truck fixed. The body shop guy said wait a minute, took the truck in the back and came back 15 minutes
later. They reset the front fender and the door striker plate so that the fender / door conflict went away. When I asked how much, the body shop guy said no charge.
Wow. I am impressed. I have bought 5 vehicles from Helfman Ford and have no complaints over 10 years.
He said that we could still spend $400-$500, replace the hinges and destress the door but, knowing my son, he doesnt care. As long as the conflict is gone, he doesnt care. Now to go park his truck until he gets back from Iraq in September.
Lynn
Lynn McGuire wrote:

its a truck dammit those hinges should be able to hold a sumo wrestler jumping off a table on it ... damn cheap assed new shit

It was a 100 mph sand storm in the Mojave desert ...
Lynn

Forgot to mention that this was after he pulled a stuck USMC HMMWV out of sand with his V6 5 speed F150 using 100 ft long tank chains ...
Lynn

Glad to hear you got it fixed. Those doors have more adjustment that I thought. My dad's old 87 Crown Vic Two-Door has big heavy doors. I noticed the other day that the top hinge on both doors is pulled a little loose. However, the doors shut perfectly. Apparently someone knowledgeable readjusted his doors at some point too.
I'm impressed with those 4.2's also. A friend of mine has one in his extended cab F-150, and it pulls very well, even with a pretty heavy utility trailer loaded with lawn care equipment.
CJB

It is now getting some wind noise at 65+ mph. But, that is my son's problem when he gets back from Iraq.

That first gear is real steep. Plus he got the 3.73 axle. It pulls 2500 rpm at 70 mph but that is OK. Gets about 15 mpg in town and about 22 mpg on the road. Not bad for a fullsize pickup.
Lynn