Re: F-150 Problem Problem

I would think more along the lines of a fusible link. You have no power whatsoever? Horn? Brake lights? Anything at all? Those items should all have power regardless of the condition of the ignition switch. If you have absolutely no power, I'd go for fusible link over near the starter solenoid/relay on the fender or the cables that link from battery to the solenoid. Everything gets it's power fromt hat point.

-Steve

I forgot to mention... when you switch on the headlights they won't light > up. Could that be a ground problem or a fuse issue? Or more likely an > ignition switch? Thanks. > > Mac > > > > I was driving down the road today in my 1983 Ford F-150, 4.9L 6Cyl, w/Auto > > tranny. Without warning the truck stopped running. No noise, clicks, > > bangs, nothing. I tried to start it again and it won't turn over at all. > > Nothing. No clicks or turning of starter motor, nothing. Similiar to when > a > > car isn't hooked up to a battery. I checked the battery connections and > > they are tight. I am thinking ignition switch. Where is the ignition > > switch located on a Ford truck? Any thoughts? TIA > > > > Mac > > > > > >
Reply to
Steve Reinis

Also, even though those battery connections may be tight - Are they clean and corrosion free?

Reply to
Steve Reinis

Yeah, the battery terminals are cleaned and tight. Stupid question though... if the fusible link went would it cause everything to shut off all the sudden? Wouldn't it be a more gradual shut down? Thanks.

Mac

Reply to
Type 3 Man

Nope. A fuseable link is like a plain fuse.. blows all at once.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

Sounds like there is no juice at all. Check the other ends of cables. I had a semi do this very thing, the positive cable had come loose at starter.

Reply to
d8326