Re: F-350 Pickup, Triton V10, Puzzler

You might have a speed sensor that is starting to go bad, or has a bad spot in it. The computer needs the vehicle speed info to determine the shift points. You might want to have that looked into.
Tim

Tim Schoell opined in

I owuldnt bother.. it IS gonna go bad but I am a cynic. If you take it in with that complaint, you'll pay a diagnosis fee that comes up empty or they'll replace the TSS and not necessarily fix it.
You're better off waiting for it to happen a few more times or fail solidly.
A crap shoot but it could happen ANYWAY.. if they said they DID replace the TSS.
Could have just been a bad connection.
Is the speed sensor an easily replaced external component? - Jeff - www.efbetter.com
Jeff Napier opined in

It should be .. since it's a truck. If you've ever seen or hooked up a speedo cable on a trans, you know where to look.
Thomas Moats opined in

Anything to get the answer...
:)
and now I know if I ever need to..