Re: for the guys that are into recreational oil changing...

Page 4 of 4
On 04/02/2010 02:17 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

with conventional oil....
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

And that encompasses what - about 90%? of all oil changes in North America.
And with short trips in cold weather a synthetic oil does not buy you much in extended oil life. SOME, yes. But not a lot. In high temperature (extreme heat) synthetic DOES buy you a fair return in extended oil life.
On 04/03/2010 05:58 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

90% have extreme conditions?

in cold weather, synthetics will buy you extended engine life - they protect against start-up wear better.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

More testimonial. Where is your unassailable data?
On 04/04/2010 06:01 AM, hls wrote:

well, i didn't get it from any contribution you've made - that's for sure!
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

No - learn to read I said 90% +/- use conventional oil

Again - I was not talking about ENGINE life - I was talking about OIL LIFE.
There IS a difference.
On 04/04/2010 09:30 AM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

sorry dude, you weren't clear.

i know there's a difference. engine life and oil life go hand in hand. and synthetics outperform conventional oils, cold or hot. end of story.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

"End of story" is a good epitaph for this rather useless thread. This subject has been argued on this and other newsgroups for years.
You take the point that some are foolish because they dont subscribe to your ideas about lubricants, maintenance intervals, etc.
You havent proved any points. You just keep talking, saying the same old things, never with an iota of data.
It is boring.
Thread exited.
On 04/04/2010 10:16 AM, hls wrote:

...without you contributing a damned thing! buh-bye!
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

How much clearer can you get than inline response to "with conventional oil"????? Sheesh!!!

On 04/04/2010 03:06 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

relax. i'm just saying that in the context of the underinformed thinking that "most" [90%???] drivers are operating in "extreme conditions", as quoted above, you should have been specific.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum