Re: Ford Mondeo seat belts

Steve Connor opined in news:bekra2$jt7$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com:

My 1998 Mondeo failed its MOT recently because the rear (centre) seat belt > had "jammed to excess" so I had it replaced by the garage at a cost of 125 > UK pounds. I "inspected" the work, as you do, when I got home, tipped the > rear seat forward and back again and the new belt also jammed! Is this a > known problem or have I been duped? They claimed to have replaced the reel > but could'nt find the old one. I was interested to see what the original > problem had been but got nowhere. > > >

So... taken by the "professional" shop, again.

I suspect you are right. NOW take it back to them and insist they make it right. Should be at no charge... that's the ONE bright side to this.

Oh, FIRST use an indelible marker as far down the belt as you can reach. MAke a tiny but traceable "brand" on it.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I was in an accident in my 1999 Contour and the drivers belt buckle failed. Fred

Reply to
FRED WELLMAN