Re: Ford Ranger / Mazda Pickup Questions

If you are asking for an opinion, I would buy a Ranger. It is very good truck, that is why it is the best selling small truck in the US. It is the same truck as the Mazda but with slightly
different styling. The Ranger lists for less when similarly equipped and there are more Ford dealers, which should give one a better chance to deal. Why better rating for the Mazda? Some people assume foreign stuff is better than domestic, which in this case proves that is a myth
mike hunt
Mike S wrote:

I just bought my third Ford Ranger. They had $3000 in rebates last month. If they still have these rebates it is no contest. My 93 has only had the battery and tires replaced, no other repairs in 125,000 miles. I paid it off and drove it for several years after that, now my son will drive it for a few.
Second choice would be an S-10 if they are still, for the most part, made in USA. Please don't buy any foreign-made or built in Mexico vehicles, there are Americans whose jobs depend on you buying American cars.
-- "My grandpappy told my pappy that In My Day, Son, A Man Had To Answer For The Wicked That He'd Done."
Toby Keith and Willie Nelson

Mazda is for cool people.
Ford is for losers.

Or me--? I traded my Mazda for a Ford last month....