Re: Ford Ranger/Mazda truck question

Anyone here have any experience with the Mazda trucks that are the

> same as the Ford Ranger? > > Truck is very clean, no dents, scratches, or rust -- appears to have > been garaged. I ran the A/C and the heater -- no cigarette odor and > the ashtray is clean. Cloth upholstery has no wear, spots, or stains.

Sounds like a winner. Lessee - exact same platform, built on same line, you like Rangers.... so.... Only thing i can see that MIGHT vary is the body steel quality.

But you're in the south, outside the salt belt.

> There is a "squeak-squeak-squeak" from the area of the fan or the top > idler pulley -- I suspect it's a belt pulley that needs lube or that > is about to go -- noise is not from the water pump, alternator, PS > pump, or AC compressor.

Make a chalk mark on the belt... bet you find the 'squeak' relates to a belt revolution. And the pulleys make many rev's per that one, right?

Which usually means that it got coolant on it.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic