Re: Foreign cars pass Big 3. but not on a steep grade

Page 3 of 5

Actually, you are wrong there Mike. Subject to eratic turns the SUV is indeed more likely to roll over than a car with a center of gravity several inches lower. BTW - the ctg is more than a two inch difference. Don't argue - just simply go look out your window.

That has got to be one of the most assinine statements I've ever read.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

They do get to go faster. Just that they stop at the same speed as cars and SUVs without 4WD.
But, I do agree that a lot of people get a false sense of security from driving SUVs and from 4WD.

I have never heard of 4WD systems where the 4WD kicks off after attaining a higher speed.

I think they would drive just as aggressively in a Ford Escort.
But, a Ford Escort would be less likely to turn over.

That's not NASCAR style. NASCAR and its drivers are very concerned about safety and avoiding crashes. While they seem to weave in and out, considering how fast they are going and the G-forces on them, the driver you are talking about is not driving NASCAR style at all.

No, he was not executying Jeff Gording style driving. Maybe Home Simpson style driving.

Neither he nor anyone else deserved what they got.
Jeff

Well, if anyone got hurt, he certainly deserved it more than the innocent people he endangered with his wreckless driving. The dude was driving recklessly. I witnessed it. He was weaving in and around other cars and was speeding. If anyone got hurt from it, it's best to be him, since he caused it.
-
Mike Marlow wrote:

Most marketing estimates put the fractor of truck buyers who have a significant need for such a vehicle at between 25% and 50% of the trucks sold. Perhaps you are in that segment which has a real need for trucks, but surely you must know that a great many truck buyers are motivated by style or image concerns rather than real need.
John
That may be your opinion but in the opinion of those who buy them the must need them or they would not be buying them. Just like you and every other buyer you spend you money where you wish. ;)
mike hunt

What you think will only come into play when you buy their vehicles for them, or build a train station near where they live and work LOL
mike hunt

Jeff wrote:

Not Mike. He drives two cars *everywhere* even if he needs to do it personal!
Actually I fly more than I drive. ;)
mike

No more Hondas for me, the last one was a disater.
mike

With $3 Gas, Detroit Pays for Its Past
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/28/business/worldbusiness/28auto.html?_r=1&oref=slogin&pagewanted=print

I wouldn't register on the traitorous New York Times site for any article.
Post the article or go home...
--

Scott in Florida

I won't post copyrighted material in violation of the copyright law.
Jeff

Then go home would be my advice....

--

Scott in Florida

It's ok for the traitorous New York Times to publish national secrets, but you are so high and mighty you don't want to copy their crap to a NG?
Jeez....

--

Scott in Florida

(...)

I don't have the right to copy the article. If I were high and mighty, I would be allowed to copy the story. But I am not. I am just an ordinary guy.
Jeff
PS, The NYT did the right thing when it published the material.

How many American's died and will die because of the traitorous New York Times.
I hope you or your loved ones are NOT the ones to get your heads cut off because of traitors like the New York Times....
--

Scott in Florida

Scott in Florida wrote:

Zero. That's 2569 fewer than caused by Fox News.