Re: G M is still number one in 2006

There are indeed state franchise laws, in almost every state of which I am aware. As with most federal laws however, the state laws can increase benefits protected under federal law, but they can not infringe on the federal government rights under the commerce clause. I E a states minimum wage law can be for an amount greater than the federal law, but not lower.

mike hunt

>>> I have to agree with Mike Hunter on this one. I am don't know the laws >>> of the fifty states, but there are franchise laws that state this. I >>> think they are different for each state, but I am not sure. >>> >>> Jeff >> >> I might agree with him too if I could figure out what he said. > > The auto dealer franchise laws prevent the manufacturer from competing > with dealerships so fleet sales are all delivered through dealerships. > That said, there are some exceptions in some states like MA and CA where > the manufacturer can sell some vehicles directly to employees and > qualified vendors. In other states like Illinois, automakers cannot do a > retail delivery even to an employee and so employee purchases must go > through a dealership. > -- > > Ray O > (correct punctuation to reply) >
Reply to
Mike Hunter